Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

Craftsman 11HP 4 speed 36" model # 917.254272, about 3

Customer Question

Craftsman 11HP 4 speed 36" model ####-##-####
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: about 3 years.....bought the mower used to mow weeds.....spends more time at repair store than running because that wire keeps popping off
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Craftsman 11 HP 4speed 36" Model ####-##-#### Old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes if not super involved....cant imagine it is .....
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I know of
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 2 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Donald replied 2 months ago.

If you are still in need of assistance, please let me know. I will be happy to assist you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am not seeing the answer to my question.....where do I find it????
Expert:  Donald replied 1 month ago.

You have not gotten an answer yet. I was waiting for your response. Can you give me more details relating to the problem with your mower?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the wire that is bent like a hook between the carborator and I think it is called the governor ( it is a rotating round plate with holes and different notches) keeps falling off.......I need to know how the reattach it....I have looked at the available schematic from sears....but it isn't shown attached
Expert:  Donald replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for this information. Can you get the model and type numbers from your engine for me? I would like to pull up a diagram of your engine.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
All I could find was a label on engine with this info:
Craftsman
11 HP 4 cycle Electronic Ignition Synchro Balanced
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello....... do you have an answer for me?
Jeri
Expert:  Donald replied 1 month ago.

Jeri, I am back with you. There should be some additional numbers on your engine shroud. You should see Model, Type, and Code numbers, stamped into your metal shroud. With these numbers, I can be more specific.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 month ago.

Please take a look at the information in the link below. Let me know if the carburetor in the images, look like your carburetor.

Carburetor - Click Here

Expert:  Donald replied 1 month ago.

I am trying to figure out if you are referring to your throttle linkage, or your throttle cable. If you cannot find your model numbers, a picture would be great.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 month ago.

You stated:

the wire that is bent like a hook between the carburetor and I think it is called the governor ( it is a rotating round plate with holes and different notches)

If you can take a couple of pictures of this part, this will help me to determine what you and I actually need to do, to resolve our problem.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 month ago.

Thank you again for your patience, and for allowing me to work with you. We can continue from here.