Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

I have a LT200 craftsman riding motor. The flywheel turns

Customer Question

I have a LT200 craftsman riding motor. The flywheel turns but I am not getting a spark on the spark plug. What do I need to check?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Remove the small ground wire from the coil itself and see if engine will start. If it has spark when removed, the coil needs replaced.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The small wire doesn't look like a ground wire. there are 2 blade connectors and one is welded to the body of the coil. I removed it and no difference . the fly wheel turns but I don't see any spark off the wire to the spark plug.
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

disconnect the wires with plugs on them. those are the kill wires that go to ignition and ground.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Their is only one plug I see If I disconnect it will disconnect the small wire going to the ig coil . when I turn the key and the fly wheel is spinning should I get 12 volts on the small wire?
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

no. once you pull the wire will the mower get spark or start?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No spark either way
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer.