Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications

I have a LT200 craftsman riding motor. The flywheel turns

Customer Question

I have a LT200 craftsman riding motor. The flywheel turns but I am not getting a spark on the spark plug. What do I need to check?
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 22 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 22 days ago.

Remove the small ground wire from the coil itself and see if engine will start. If it has spark when removed, the coil needs replaced.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
The small wire doesn't look like a ground wire. there are 2 blade connectors and one is welded to the body of the coil. I removed it and no difference . the fly wheel turns but I don't see any spark off the wire to the spark plug.
Expert:  JON replied 22 days ago.

disconnect the wires with plugs on them. those are the kill wires that go to ignition and ground.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Their is only one plug I see If I disconnect it will disconnect the small wire going to the ig coil . when I turn the key and the fly wheel is spinning should I get 12 volts on the small wire?
Expert:  JON replied 22 days ago.

no. once you pull the wire will the mower get spark or start?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
No spark either way
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 22 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer.