Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a 2008 JD Gator xuv 620i. It is smoking running rough

Customer Question

I have a 2008 JD Gator xuv 620i . It is smoking running rough and has compression going in the crankcase.
I check the compression and have 150 on both sides plus holds the pressure for over 5 min. I'm kinda thinking of a head gasket.?
But the compression is sterring me away from that. any ideas would be great.?
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 25 days ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 25 days ago.

You ran a compression test, but did you run a cylinder balance test? Loosen the spark plug wires, and with the engine idling, remove one wire at a time. engine should continue to run. If engine dies when one wire is removed, the opposite cylinder is not firing. On Kawasaki, it can have a bad coil. Bad coil, miss firing cylinder, will smoke and run rough. I doubt it is head gaset!