Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

When handles are in gaged the mower dies what causes that

Customer Question

Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 2 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Donald replied 2 months ago.

If you are still in need of assistance, please let me know. I will be happy to work with you.

Expert:  Donald replied 2 months ago.

When you engage your handles, the contacts in the safety switches for your handles are closing, and sending ground directly to your ignition coil, to kill your engine. The ground path for your safety switches first goes through your seat safety switch. This leads me to believe that either your seat safety switch, or the wiring connector that attaches to it, is at fault.

Expert:  Donald replied 2 months ago.

Ronnie, also check to make sure you are getting a good connection between your seat safety switch, and the wiring connector that attaches to it.

Expert:  Donald replied 2 months ago.

Remove your wiring connector from your seat safety switch. Clean and lightly lubricate your wiring connector, then re-connect it to your seat safety switch, then give your mower another try. Let's see what happens.

Expert:  Donald replied 2 months ago.

You and I can continue from here. Thanks again!