Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Very cool, I can't figure out why my Kubota commander zg127s

Customer Question

very cool
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I can't figure out why my Kubota commander zg127s keeps stalling out. I just replaced the fuel filter with the arrow pointing (I think) away from the gas tank toward the engine. then I started it and it stalled out again. then I couldn't even get it to restart... seemed almost like I might have installed filter in wrong direction, though I doubt it. been trying to search for a pic, etc., online to ensure I installed it in right direction
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: definitely fuel in the tank, and I've never shut the valve off before... I am not sure about clean fuel... but see my last note
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: well. I didn't expect it to be much work. so I guess yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i do remember on a previous run of the mower, i do believe i had left the gas cap off. which is why i though the fuel filter might be bad/clogged. maybe i need to drain all the gas out of the tank? or perhaps this is a wild goose chase and it is something else...aka carborator, or whatever
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

If you remove the fuel line at the carburetor and crank engine do you have gas flowing? If no gas, then remove the fuel line from the tank, and blow back into the tank, to see if the fuel line is open.