JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech

I have a 2006 Z-Force 50 Cub Cadet lawn Tractor with a

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Z-Force 50 Cub Cadet lawn Tractor with a Kohler Command engine. Recently experienced loss of power to engage mower blades. Manual says it could be the blade clutch switch, the seat switch or the electric PTO clutch must be prepared. Can you direct me to a quick diagnosis for a semi- handy person around mechanical things. I noted the problem began gradually, with a few non starts a couple of weeks ago. Could it be a loose wire having let go.
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 23 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 23 days ago.

Could be a loose wire or the battery doesn't have the Amps/Volts to power clutch like it needs. What is the voltage at the battery?

Expert:  JON replied 23 days ago.

​The battery is mainly used to start engine and to power the clutch. Let me know and we can troubleshoot from there

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
The engine is turning over without difficulty would that suggest enough power to engage blade clutch.
Expert:  JON replied 23 days ago.

No, it takes much more power to operate the clutch than to turn engine over. You will want to have the battery load tested to make sure it can stand a load applied to it. You can read 12-13V even, and it drop drastically due to a bad cell when put under a load such as clutch engagement

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I am not in a position right now to actually get into breaking the machine down. We are ^preparing to leave shortly for several days. Can you provide me with a step by step approach i can try when we return. A schematic 0f the electricals with instruction would be helpful
Expert:  JON replied 23 days ago.

I can. Simple test is, take battery to auto parts store. AutoZone, Advanced Auto, Napa, ect... and have them load test it. this will save you a lot of time chasing wires down.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Thx will do. Am I able to carry this conversation on when we return, or will you send something in the interim. I know this is tedious but i am in a bit of a jam timing wise.
Expert:  JON replied 23 days ago.

not a problem, I will leave this question open until your return.

Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL
I will wait to hear from you

Expert:  JON replied 23 days ago.

Here is a link to the entire SERVICE MANUAL of your machine. This will get you all the info needed.

Wiring is on page 27

Expert:  JON replied 23 days ago.

You get the link?