JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech
94737911

Jon you said I have a faulty seat switch. I have

Customer Question

Jon you said I have a faulty seat switch. I have disconnected the wire and jumped it. the engine still stalls when I pull the handels in, I also tried to push it according to the instructions an the wheels will not turn
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?
Customer: engine is about 4 years old. no this is new
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes I live in a very rual area and have no way to get it to a service center
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no, I have some experience working on mowers but don,t know a lot about this one and all its safty interfaces
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Since you started a new question, please remind me of the mower we are working on. It could possibly be another issue, but seat safety switches are the #1 when having the symptoms you had described

Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Have you pulled the bypass valve to be able to push the mower as the transmission will still be engaged

Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

nvm, I got the mower info. Toro Timecutter. You have electronic brake control module on this machine. when you pull in handles, do you hear the brake release?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have pulled the bypass valves and the parking brake is not on and the back wheels will not turn
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

once you move handles inwards, can you hear the brake module release?

Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

These machines are notorious for electrical issues and the brake module failing is why I ask. Make sure key is in the on position. YOu should be able to hear the brake module release when handles are moved inwards like you were going to drive it

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No I do not hear the sounds I usually hear when the handles are pulled in, Jon can you call me at 1-***-***-****
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
jon are you their.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Jon are you still there did you get my last response
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Toro(###) ###-####

Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL