JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech

My craftsman lawn tractor is model42 inch cut 17.5 Kohler

Customer Question

My craftsman lawn tractor is model###-##-####42 inch cut 17.5 Kohler engine - The blades will not engage when I pulled the PTO. The pulleys, belt, electrical connections look fine. I ordered and installed a new PTO switch and fuse and that did not solve the problem
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

If you have a new switch, you will next need to check to make sure the power is going to the PTO by using a voltmeter and testing the wires when PTO is engaged. If you are sitting on machine with engine off and key in the on position, pull the PTO and let me know if you hear a clicking sound

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I will have an opportunity to check the tractor tonight. I will check the electrical connection at the electric clutch correct. I will also sit on the tractor and pull the PTO knob with the key in the on position - I should be able to give you the results Friday the 30th.
Expert:  JON replied 29 days ago.

Okay, no problem.