Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Ariens zero turn 915013 lawn mower. There is a

Customer Question

I have a Ariens zero turn 915013 lawn mower. There is a disconnect with the brake. I get it started but once I pull the levers in it stalls. My uncle got it to start and move only if he held his foot down on the brake lever. How do I fix this. That trick does not seam to work now. I is something with the safety switches.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Tank is full and the shut off valve is open. It starts and runs until I want to move it.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I changed the belts, changed the oil and valves are good. It also has a new spark plug and fuse.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Typical safety switch problem. Look at the two arm switches, if either is stuck, it affects the other. The safeties are the seat switch, brake switch ad the two arm switches, any one not completing the run circuit, will kill the engine. Arm switches and seat switch harness are the usual problem areas.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The arm switches are good. The seat switch is good. I think it is in the brake safety but I can't locate it to see how to fix it. I checked underneath in the back and it does disengage the gears for the brake
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Would the Seal Lip or the Arm bypass that attaches to the brake system on the housing upper Assembly?

?? Not sure what you wrote?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Looking at the manual PG 7 for the brake it connect to the Assembly Housing. Just wondering if that could be the issue.

Brake switch is part of the safety circuit, but nothing else.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It is something with the brake because that is the only thing I have had an issue with. All the other safety switches work. How do I fix the brake safety switch?

Check the wiring to it, and if good, replace the brake switch.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.

I see question is still open, did you find solution?