Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications

I have a Craftsman lawn tractor with a Bridge & Stratton ELS

Customer Question

I have a Craftsman lawn tractor with a Bridge & Stratton ELS Twin OHV engine. The engine is fouling spark plugs fast. What could be the problem?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?
Customer: The mower was purchased in 2003. I have always taken care of it. This is the first problem I have experienced with it.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I would like to work on it with my 16 year old son. A winter project perhaps.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: What could the problem be and is there an engine repair manual available for this engine.
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 29 days ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer, can you check the oil to see if it is thin or smells like gas ?
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I did pull the oil stick and it didn't smell like gas,
Does it seem thin ? , if gas is getting into the crankcase it thins the oil and the oil will get past the rings to the plugs fouling them