JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech
94737911

I have a cub cadet Z-48 and the PTO stopped while I was

Customer Question

I have a cub cadet Z-48 and the PTO stopped while I was mowing....the battery is 7 years old, so I think the two are related, and that is what your site is saying.....
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just started today.....just as I finished mowing. I was able to restart the mower, but not the PTO
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: It's full.....
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I was able to restart the mower.......I put a charge on it for about 2 hours while I did other yard work, but the PTO still wouldn't start. Yes, if I can.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nope, first problems ever with this unit, it's been great, bought it new.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

You will want to test the battery voltage. Let me know what it is and we can troubleshoot from there. If the battery is 7 years old, I would say it is due to battery amps is not enough for the PTO and will need replaced