Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I just purchased a 1993 Club Car Electric, it doesn't work

Customer Question

Hello, I just purchased a 1993 Club Car Electric, it doesn't work batteries are good charger is good ( I have another cart older but same volt I used to check) I check battery wiring and wiring to charging outlet and its ok as well here is my problem.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: The fuse above the charging receptical is blown and when I hooked up either charger its pegs the needle. I by-passed the fue to see if it was faulty and the red wire got very hot so I disconnected it
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: just got this cart and the people were of no use in diagnosing it. got a dead shot some where would the control box short out and cause this?
JA: I'm the Small Engine Technician's Assistant. I work with them to help customers like you. Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: sorry I look at my key board when I type and yes I will be doing the work myself 40 years a mechanic but out of practice and disabled some what.;.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

1993 cart. 36 volt? Battery pack is over 36 volts? All batteries are all close to the same voltage? And all battery cables are correct back to the charger plug on cart? With charger drawing high amperage, this would seem to be a problem with the primary battery system which is just charger to battery pack, through battery pack, and back to the charger. You can remove the posiitve cable to the solenoid to check. Charger should still work. Is this a Vglide controller ?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Vglide diagram below.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
batteries are good as stated checked individually with load tester. wiring of batteries correct following wiring diagram and yes is a V-type are you familiar with the 1993 electric club car DS ? ok I will disconnect positive at solenoid and check it out again also if then checks out ok what could it be passed the solenoid that disconnecting it and eliminating the circuit pass it be.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

How does the charger act with positive off the solenoid?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sorry been busy haven't tried it yet.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.