Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Have a mtd riding lawnmower has new battery fully charged

Customer Question

have a mtd riding lawnmower has new battery fully charged checked all battery connections and starter has no lights and no crank
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: just started
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: yes does not crank at all
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

The mower has a single fuse for the ignition system, locate the fuse and see if the fuse is blown. If battery is under the seat, the fuse will be there, battery may have to be removed to locate it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hello do you have any answer for me

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it wasn't the fuse we took the old one out and bought a new one and put it in, still no lights and no crank

Do you have a voltmeter to test the voltage past the fuse? If you follow the positive battery cable to the starter solenoid and jump across the two cable terminals, will engine spin? Quick test of battery, cables and starter.