Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

X300lawn tractor,engine serial#fs541va29008.engine keeps

Customer Question

x300lawn tractor,engine serial#fs541va29008.engine keeps fouling one plug,changed plugs and the left (from seat) keeps fouling under load,seems to run okay at idle.Your Idea will be appreciated.
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: x300,will have to go get complete # engine # above
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: engine had complete service about 200hrs ago had to replace coil for simular problem
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Do you have spark on the fouled plug side? Remove spark plug wire, attach a spare spark plug and with it grounded, see if you have good spark when cranking. If it has spark , check the compression against the other cylinder. If both are close to the same, check the intake gasket on the fouled cylinder. Last check the valves on the fouled cylinder for clearance, .006 inch would be about right.

I see question is still open. Did you find a bad coil? Please rate using the 5 star rating to close nad get me credit! Thanks.