Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

4110 deere cranks over but does not fire motor kicks back

Customer Question

4110 john deere cranks over but does not fire motor kicks back and makes loud knocking noise when using starting fluid changed fuel filter
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: yes
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: tractor was loaned out and they was putting on a new seat and then it would not start I don't know if I am getting all of the story
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

In the link above, # 3 is the fule shutoff solenoid. Does it open as soon as the key is turned on? Do you get any smoke from exhaust when cranking? If no smoke, there is no fuel ging to the injector nozzles. How did it quit? Under use or worked last time out?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 29 days ago.

I see question is still open. Did you find problem? I had a thought, there wasn't gas added to tank instead of diesel??