Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a larger liquid cooled Generac generator and it's not

Customer Question

I have a larger liquid cooled Generac generator and it's not doing its weekly self-test like it is supposed to. How do I check it to see if the programming is lost, and also how do I test it to see if it's still operating?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 months ago.

Hi I'm Wayne

I will try to help you with this

can you manual start ??

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is a generator question, maker is GENERAC. And that's the question. Manual start. How do I do that on a large
GENERAC liquid cooled standby generator. I can probably open the panel, but I am afraid to attempt a manual start without knowing all of the steps to take, since it is connected to my house circuits and I don't want to damage the generator or the house circuits or the transfer circuits by just "doing a manual start" with no precautions. I am trying to test the system prior to winter and get prepared.
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 months ago.

Morning

Yes I am not sure myself, and I do not want to tell you wrong

I will opt-out and post back to the board

Sorry I could not help you