Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My daughter just purchased a used Cub LT1045 46" cut.

Customer Question

My daughter just purchased a used Cub LT1045 46" cut. 5/2006.. Model 621-879; SN 1E236H20499. The will not stay on the mower. Do you know what needs to be done to correct this problem. I see that on this model it has been a huge problem.
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 13AX11CH756 is some more numbers on it
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if I can. I am real handy with this type of work.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have ordered new idler brackets and the spacer to go under them. They seem to have a lot of movement when I grab them.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I do not see your answer. Am I doing something wrong?

Be sure the end covers are in place, and any belt guides are close enough to the pulleys to keep belt from coming out. Belt guides need to be close enough to the pulleys , that the belt can't be removed until guides are loosened. If the idler and the center pulley does not have guides, make guides ath will bolt to the center bolt/nut and come out and lip over the pulley to keep belt on. Just needs to a strap of metal, with a 90 degree angle bent on it and a hole drilled for the bolt. These do have lots of complaints, and adding belt guides will help.

something lie this, made from flat stock.

I see question open, did you come up with a solution?