Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a tigercat lawmower and it runs anywhere from 5-10

Customer Question

I have a scag tigercat lawmower and it runs anywhere from 5-10 minites and then stops. it will not come back on until it cools off and then only runs for about 1 min and then dies what can it be
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: it just started within the last week
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: yes both tanks are full
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: air filter is also lean
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not really I just changed the spark plugs and cleaned the air filter, oil and oil filter
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Is there a solenoid in the carburetor ? It would be a solenoid that closes the main jet when key is off. It has to open as soon as the key is turned on, and has to stay open , or engine will die. Requires 12 volts at all times. It can be failing, Best test is to remove it and plug the hole. assume when the mower stops the starter is still turning th engine, it just ill not fire.