Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a Deere f911 front deck mower that loses power If I

Customer Question

I have a John Deere f911 front deck mower that loses power
If I don't have blades on it will run but sounds sluggish then when blades are engaged I can barely make it up a hill or if I crank the wheel either way it sometimes dies
I have replaced both ignition coils but when engine is running if I remove the spark plug cap from ignition coil 1 it instantly dies
Is it a stuck valve?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

One the spark plug wire test, when you remove the wire, and it dies, the opposite cylinder is not firing. If it has spark, check the compression, compare it to the other cylinder, if compression is good, then remove your valve cover and check the valves, you can have a broken rocker or a pushrod that has come loose.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Compression felt fine blew my finger out when covered hole and turned it over don't have a tester to see actual pounds of pressure
I've also had spark plug out and checked spark I couldn't see anything I don't know what would be the problem there I've checked all the wiring seems to be all intact
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I'm gonna swap ignition coils from one side to the other to eliminate that before I dive into the engine
Maybe one of the new ignition coils is junk
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 30 days ago.

OK, but you can have compression, even if the valves are not moving.