Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I didn't clean the air cooling screen in time. The engine

Customer Question

I didn't clean the air cooling screen in time. The engine got hot and blew the fuse. There is now a dead short across the fuse. Is there some overheat sensor that needs to be reset?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

No reset and I doubt it is engine related. When does fuse blow , as soon as key is turned on or when key is turned to start? Can you turn the engine by hand using the flywheel screen on top?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Fuse blows without key turned on. No, can't turn engine with flywheel screen.

You have a major short. Follow the battery posiitve cable to the starter solenoid and check the wires on the solenoid for bare wires or damaged harness. The fuse blowing without key being on, indicates it is in the battery or power circuit. You say you can't turn engine? Engine is not locked up? Starter hung the flywheel?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Engine locked up. Dead, I presume?

More than likely, But you never know, remove the spark plug and put some oil in the cylinder, and see if with a wrench on the flywheel nut you can break it loose. Sorry.

I see question is still open. Did you get engine to turn? Please rate using the 5 star rating to close and get me credit. Thanks.