Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a JD 737 zero turn mower that idles fine. When I

Customer Question

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I have a JD 737 zero turn mower that idles fine. When I engage the blades, power drops to around 50% (low enough the blades are barely running..
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: John Deere 737 Zero turn about 10 years old. Has clean carb, good plugs, new fuel and air filters..
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I also pulled out the fuel hose ensuring the intake screen on the fuel line was clear
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Twin cylinder Kawasaki, can you run a cylinder test? Loosen the two spark plug wires, then with engine idling, remove one wire at a time, engine should continue to run. If engine dies when a wire is removed, the opposite cylinder is not firing. With this engine , check for spark on the dead cylinder, You may have engine only running on one cylinder, and you have no spark, due to a bad coil.

I see question is still open, did you find misfiring cylinder?

Question is still open???