Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a super z with a 25 hp. The solenoid went out a few

Customer Question

Hey Pearl, i have a hustler super z with a 25 hp. The solenoid went out a few months ago but I have been able to crank by jumping starter wire when key turned on. I tried to replace solenoid and some of the wires feel off. I think I have it wired right but still will not crank with switch key. AND it takes forever now to get it to crank by jumping starter. there is plenty of gas going through pump and I hear carberator soleniod moving but when I look at plugs, they ar never wet adn it does not blow black smoke when cranks. Why do you think it is not getting gas? Or is there something else you can think of to keep motor from getting gas and being so very hard to cranlk
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: It just got bad when I tried to chnage out soleniod last week
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes, i am prettty handy,but not to much experience on the big engines
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?
Customer: 6 years old, low use always ran great. it is my favorite thing
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It just seems like it is not getting fuel, and I can only get to crank whe n jumping. it seem like it will crank much easier when it really spins over
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Engine make and model? Is the choke closing for the initial start? The flap has to close to get extra gas for start.