Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

We have an Onan 7000 Marquis. It will not start. When we try

Customer Question

We have an Onan 7000 Marquis. It will not start. When we try and start it in the motorhome the light gives about 5 flashes but nothing happens. We tried boosting with our vehicle and absolutely nothing is happening. Just prior to this the problems started with it turning over and not starting. Now it wont do anything at all.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes the valve is open and the fuel is clean but the starter is not turning over
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not really except is there anywhere I could find out what the blinking lights mean when we try to start it as I feel this is somesort of a code.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 month ago.

What is the model number of the genset?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I found out how to read the code. It is 32. According to the owners Manuel that indicates slow cranking . We've checked the battery connections, I've tried unplugging the start stop from the module , the oil is full and clean so is the filter
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 month ago.

7000 is not a model number.