Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 2006 Deere L108 lawn tractor. The engine is a & S

Customer Question

I have a 2006 John Deere L108 lawn tractor. The engine is a B & S Intek 18.5. I can't find model/serial #. Spark plug wire fell apart at the spark plug end. How do I replace the wire? Does it pull of the attach point on the top of the motor, or does the whole thing have to come off? I am in a very remote area and no service people are near me. Thank you.
Robert Jacks
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 7 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 7 months ago.

The wire cannot be replaced alone. You will need to buy a new ignition coil to fix this issue. If just the boot is broken you can purchase an aftermarket boot that clamps on the wire if it will still reach the plug