Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

We have a Lawn Chief 440 mower that we need to know if and

Customer Question

We have a Lawn Chief 440 mower that we need to know if and where the clutch control cable attaches. But I also want to know what the coast of this service is. One site i looked at charged $58. I didn't go there. Can you help me with this?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

See the link above, does this look like it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I've already been to that site. It gives part #, but not the exact placement of parts. I need to know where it goes. Is there an asemblying manual for this mower?

Link # 71? Expand the picture and it shows exact location!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I see what you mean. Maybe I used the wrong term. Is this the cable that regulates the blade belt? that is what I need. Thanks for your help.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I see what you mean. Maybe I used the wrong term. Is this the cable that regulates the blade belt/blades? that is what I need. Thanks for your help.

I dn;t see a cable to engage the deck belt. Is it a control on the fender, or how is deck engaged Or is it part of the lift mechanism? Like the link below.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm sorry that I'm not clear. I don't know what the part is called. It's a cable that comes from back to the deck(?) and ahs an eye end for attaching to something on the deck I think. to detach deck instructions say detach clutch control cable, where does it go back on? Thanks. I need to leave for an hour. enoy the peace. Thnaks.

The cabe either hooks to an idler lever or it hooks to the top of pulley. See link below.

Wrong deck, let me try again!

Ths one shows deck cable going direct to top of the idler pulley bolt.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for all your help. for me that's a lot clearer and easier for me to understand. I really appreciate it.

If that is what you needed, please use the 5 star rating system to close and get me credit! Thanks!