Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a command 18 on a cub cadet that seems to get really

Customer Question

I have a command 18 on a cub cadet that seems to get really hot and then quits running. we let it cool off and then it will run again. I have checked the plugs, replaced all the fuel lines from the tank to the carb, fuel filter,air cleaner, when it dies I have a spark checker and it has good spark but no fuel. when it starts acting up, it develops a miss, then dies. if I let it sit for 5 minutes, it will start again and run for a while and then do it again. seems like a fuel problem when it gets hot. maybe its getting hot and vapor locking, but why?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

CH18, twin engine. It has an electric solenoid in the carburetor. Remove it and remove the inner tip, I think it can be removed, then reinstall it as a dummy an run test. It plugs the main jet in the carburetor and has to stay open or engine will die.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

I see question is still open, did you try the fuel solenoid?