Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Have &s 24 hp,modelg5, has 60 hrs on it,2 years old on sears

Customer Question

have b&s 24 hp,model(###) ###-####g5, has 60 hrs on it,2 years old on sears lawn tractor,engine has always run very lean,engine now starts miss and backfire through exhaust .upon removing plugs one is black the other is clean, if i replace plugs will run fine for about 4 hours and then starts again to backfire. our altitude is 3600 feet, any ideas ?. thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Cylinder with the black look has weak spark or the valves need to be checked. Or the carburetor, has a leaking jet in it. This carburetor has to jets, one for each cylinder. See the link below.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

I see question is still open, did you find problem?