Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a husker 46 in cut 14ai808h131 riding mower...the

Customer Question

I have a husker 46 in cut 14ai808h131 riding mower...the upper transmission belt broke, the tension pulley and spring for that bel were wore out..I replaced all three parts,and now the gas pedal has to be pushed very hard to get lawnmower going,and it still feels like its not up to full speed,it just has a high and low gear...should I adjust gas pedal rod to make it shorter,or should I be looking at the variable speed pulley?I used all OEM belts on it,so I know belt size isn't an issue.I also replace full drive belt while I had deck removed.any suggestions??
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Also,any suggestion on how to check variable speed pulley would help.I have to press gas pedal with so much force its actually being the guides the lower pedal slides into.I also made sure tension spring was mtd,and the size was correct before installing it.thanx.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry,it bending the guides the lower gas pedal slides into.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

I see you have received no reply's. Does the variable speed pulley and lever move freely? If the pulley is not moving with the speed linkage, it may be binding and causing your foot control to be too tight. would be sure the variable pulley is working and is moving and rotating properly before adjusting the foot peal linkage. If t is then go for the foot pedal adjustment!

I see question is still open, did you find problem?