Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a New Holland Tractor 45 TT compact tractor that will

Customer Question

I have a New Holland Tractor 45 TT compact tractor that will not start. I can spend the motor over with a remote switch on the sylinoid. Put new ignition switch in. Jumped the wire at the clutch pedal, but there are four wires on the seat switch. Not sure if you can jumper that.
What else can I check?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

TT45A, you can't spin engine with the keyswitch? Do the glow plugs wok from the key? Any indication there is voltage to the key? All fuses check good with a meter?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When I joined , I thought it was one flat rate for the first month. Why am I seeing the $24 charge above? And I do have fire to the glow plugs. Do yall charge for every question?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

I can't address the charges, I only work from home as a contractor. You will have to contact site ofr any billing or charges. If keyswitch will not engage the starter, check the seat switch and the neutral switch, but usually it is the pto switch. Either bent or harness damaged to it. Located at the end of the pto lever under the fender. Best to not try to bypass the safety switches.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I drove it into the barn so nothing got damaged. Next time I went to use it, it would not start so I jumpered the silonoid wire and motor spun over. The key was on, but it did not start.installed a new switch and made no difference. Jumper ed safety switch on clutch made no difference.
There are Four wires on the seat. I don't know how to bypass that switch. Haven't used pto, so I don't think that switch is bad.Has to be put in neutral. I guess that switch is in the gear box.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Don't over look the pto, it can just be moved, where it is not in neutral, and will keep tractor from starting, You don't have to have used it!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
tomorrow I will jump the pto switch if it is 2 wires. I cannot get a seat switch till Tuesday. I will get back with you if that does not work .
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

OK> Thanks.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

I see question is still open, did you find problem?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Still have to pick up switch maybe tomorrow
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Thank you!