Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have an Onan Marquis 7000 generator that is really trying

Customer Question

I have an Onan Marquis 7000 generator that is really trying my patience. I had the carb chem dipped, my brother in law changed out the fuel pump and filter. I went out last night and it started right up. Took it 40 minutes to the dump station and the generator quit about 20 minutes into the trip. I had taken it cross country and had the same issues with it not running during the day (ran at night). Now the darn thing turns over but won't start and I'm trying to get it running to sell it.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yep
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: maybe
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Yeah, when he replaced the fuel pump and filter, I started it while parked and ran the air for 30 minutes no problem.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 month ago.

What is the model number of the genset?