Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Model STT61A-25CH: The mower blades just stopped working

Customer Question

scag model STT61A-25CH:
The mower blades just stopped working when I was cutting grass, I replaced the PTO 10 amp switch part number 483967 and everything seemed fine. Then when cutting grass again the blades just stopped working and the new switch must have burned out; the fuse wires and switch were very hot. Could it be something else; a relay ...
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

By th electrical schematic for the mower, there is nothing in the circuit, but the electric clutch and the pto switch. The clutch may be pulling too many amps. Clutch should pull less than 5 amps, anything more will overheat the switch and wires.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Check to be sure the load on the clutch from the deck belts and spindles is ok, and they turn freely, if they do, the electrci clutch is likely failing.