Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My Lawnboy rear wheel drive mower rear wheel won't turn when

Customer Question

my Lawnboy rear wheel drive mower rear wheel won't turn when pulling it backwards (not running-) just moving it from one place to another. Also the start cable is hard to pull, thus can't start the lawnmower
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: You aren't really understanding what I just wrote!!The mower is not being run''I just moving it from my shed and have to pull it out backward, and it, the wheels won't turn. I have to drag the mower . Pulling it BACKWARD. The start cable hangs up, can't start the mower.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: To answer your question "yes there is gas in the mower, but I trying to move the mower from point A to Point B and can't pull it backwards!!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It seems to be the gear box that transport the turning of the the blade and driving of the rear wheels, where the problem is. NOTE: can't turn the wheels in reverse by hand either. The wheels are locked!!
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Haven't gotten an answer...6:34 is the time we started this... given a window of 10 minutes...the time is 7:50 this has been a long 10 minutes. This cost me $5.00 and you are wanting another $15.00 later!!!
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. Will the pull cord come out at all, of not see if you can tilt the mower with the handle bars pointed to the ground and turn the blade at all by hand