Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Have a Kohler Courage V Twin SV710 It wont turn over to much

Customer Question

Hi Have a Kohler Courage V Twin SV710 It wont turn over to much compression , If I take one of the sparkplugs out it will fire up & it doesn't mater which side . Put both sparkplugs in & it wont turn over. The Valves are set correct to spec.
Can please advise ? Do these have a decompressor on the camshaft .
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Have you checked the compression on the engine? What does the battery voltage read before turning to start and what does it read when you try to start?

Service manual talks about ACR, but it is never shown either in service manual or parts list. I don't think there is one. Usually starting probelms on this are the valves, which you have adjusted, or a ground problem with the battery or starter solenoid. See service manual link above.

I see a new question, with saying starter was replaced. But what is battery voltage at start?

I see question is still open, did you come up with a solution?