Wayne, Engine Rebuilder
Experience:  many years on egine rebuilding, lawn mower,roto tiller,Truck,and small engines
6825259

I've got a kawasaki fc150v-es21 engin on my mower that is

Customer Question

Good day, I've got a kawasaki fc150v-es21 engin on my mower that is doing that is fouling it's spark plug to the tune of only being able to run it for about an 30 minutes before it dies and I have to replace it and start the process again, It smokes under any load including simply engading the drive train on the snapper tranny, Iv read the advise provided to the individual frmo the earlier situation and have taken the following steps to no resolution,
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Because I am getting visible oil on each new spark plug, I assumed that the oil age and viscosity might be an issue and I did a complete oil change. Did not have to tip lawn mower over because it has a convieniently located drain plug at the bottom of the block, I also installed new air filter, cleaned the carberator (purchased it new about 2 months ago). If I am to look at this situation the same way as a car engine, then I would think I have a blown head gasket. either that or the pistons/ seals are worn allowing oil to seep through the valve chamber and into the combustion chamber. This engine is an OHV
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 1998 - 1999 Snapper commercial, MCRP215015KWV
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I've done a valve job on a 94 legend before along with changing the timing belt and was able to get the timming right and the engine working fine, but I am not to sure if my care knowledge applies. I don't have the tools to measure nore the expeience to properly lap parts, but the engine manual is pretty good and I can seem to follow it. just no to sure where to start
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: engine was working perfectly until it stopped. I did not have any oil leakage until after I seemed to take out the carb for a simple rebuild
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 months ago.

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

Have you checked the valves , or adjusted them

let me know

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No not really, I did life the OHV cover to view them, but they were not touched since I saw no leakage from the gaskets
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 months ago.

Hi

Thank you for that

I would start there, engine cold both valves .004-.006

if same thing I say it is a oil wiper ring broke/worn

So then you would have to re-ring it

I hope this helped you

Hi. If this helped you,

Please remember to rate my answer 3 or more stars.

I do not get paid for question, unless you rate my answer

If more info is needed, use the reply button -

NOT THE POOR/BAD SERVICE

Expert:  Wayne replied 2 months ago.

HI

Just following up with you

did my answer help you

let me know, please