JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech

I recently purchased 3 Predator brand 7000/8750 generators

Customer Question

i recently purchased 3 Predator brand 7000/8750 generators at auction.they appeared new or unused. I can get the engines to start but the they shut down immediately.. There is good gas flow and plug spark. there appears to have adequate oil in crank case and the safey shut off should not be shutting it down. is this a common problem. I now understand I should not buy Chinese. Thanks
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: yes ,yes and yes
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Has been years since I worked on small engines and am not up to date on new carbs. and safety shut off equipment
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

Being as they do start, but die off , I would suggest you remove the carbs and clean very well. Sounds like a fuel jet is clogged and not allowing it to pull its own fuel