Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

My question involves the Deck Lift Pedal, whereby I engage

Customer Question

My question involves the Deck Lift Pedal, whereby I engage the pedal to lift or lower the Deck and the release lever gets stuck or hangs up to the point I have to use force to make it connect properly.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I bought the mower in July 2016 (New 2015 Gravely 160 Commercial) it worked great at first and now, with 16 hrs. the Release lever hangs up
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 2015 Gravely 160 Pro Turn Commercial, never used and had 1.4 hrs. when purchased. The mower was registered by the dealer July 2016
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not at this time, however I do Have the Owners Manual at the Church where the Mower is located.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

Inspect for any linkage issues causing the deck lid mower pedal and lift to hang up.In some cases this can be debris build up that may be causing this here or a bent or damaged linkage possibly.If this is or was already checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete