Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have 5 murray air blowers i live in nw and seasons air

Customer Question

i have 5 murray air blowers i live in nw and seasons air temp changes so does the running of thes air blowers i need to know how to adjust the carburetor so it accelerate good and doesnt bog down and i get the volume of air blown that it say 200 don
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: over 7 yrs on my blowers never have trouble with my murray mowers
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: do i have all types 2 back pack and one is 2 yrs to 6 mos old i buy a lot for my bldgs we own i buy them form walmart
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes i took 2 in to ace and got them back and they were sluggish as ever would slow reving up and hard startig
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: well i just bought 2 more from walmart still in box
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. Can you give me the make and model of the blowers please ? . Some carburetors have high and low air mixture screw adjustmentson them , also are you leaving gas in them year round and if so are you using a fuel stabilizer like stabil?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
in nw our days range from 50 degrees im and hotrod engine nut so i know how to adjust 2 4 and dual fours tri power etc. all i can find on these air blowers is a idle screw to adjust idle as i asked for and you wanted model numbers i have 3 ms210 and 1 ms9900 blowers and a poulan pro back pack blower so how do you adjust these carburetors when weather temp changes thes change don

Don what I'm going to do is look up wachat model to get the carburetormake and model , before alot of companies started using foreign imitations of the zama and walbro carburetors . Some of the newer carburetors do not have high and low speed adjustments , if it does it will have 2 screws sometimes covered with a plastic limiter caps , that are red and white .

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
just type me your answer and also type tool i will need to adjust them if covered with limitor caps do you just turn them these dont on the murray i havent looked at the poulan b pack blower yet

Yes you just turn them. The newer blowers only have a idle screw

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
basically when blowers bog down because of our temperature and weather change there is no way to make them run to performance of putting out maximum performance hell i may as well throw them away as they wont rew up to close to their ability and even running them to their warm up is better but not half good enough and also helping engine life old one muffler used to plug up aqnd then they would bog down i would take off muffler pour gasoline on muffler burn them out that would help tremendously at this point i took one blower in and had it supposedly fixed cost me the price of new one don

I agree Don , most of the ryobi , troy bilt , poulan type blowers are using non adjustable foreign clone carburetors. In most cases it's 45 bucks to replace the carburetor vs trying to clean them etc .

Ok just did some research on your murray ms210, there isnt even a parts diagram for these and alot of ppl have cm pained of what your dealing with.... carburetor issues . I'm looking to get info on the ms9900

Here is the parts diagram for the ms9900

I'm making a photo to point out the high and low screws now

Here is the picture , they make special screwdrivers for these , amazon carries them , I'd need to see what the head of it looks like to know which one you need

Hi Don did you get the picture I sent