Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Have a blue max ohm ge6.5B electronic ignition log splinter.

Customer Question

Have a blue max ohm ge6.5B electronic ignition log splinter. Need to know when to ad hydraulic fluid.. When to change the oil. It works great, but I need to also the settings to start it? I don't have the manual?
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes, I put new fuel in it this morning. My real problem is knowing how to start it, the settings for the choke, throttle etc, I used it for two hours this afternoon... My neighbor started it.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, I have about 1/2 cord left to split tomorrow. I bought it from Fleet farm 5 years ago
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just knowing how to start it myself
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Here is owners manual, which is basically worthless, but it does show the filler cap, as # 38 in the parts. It is in the top of the oil tank/axle housing, opposite the engine. As long as oil does not get contaminated, it does not need to be changed. The Blue Max is the engine not the splitter. For start, you need to use 1/2 throttle and full choke for initital start. as soon as it starts, take the choke off and let engine settle out, then go to full throttle and start splitting.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

I see question is still open. Please use the 5 star rating system to close the question.