JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech
94737911

I have a Deere D100- only 23 hours- it won't start. it ran

Customer Question

Hi - I have a John Deere D100- only 23 hours- it won't start. it ran in early May following dealer service. I had an operation so could not use it. Now the battery was dead. i charged the battery and it turns over good but will not fire up. Thinking maybe getting some starter fluid??? and giving it a blast through screen on top of motor???
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: fueled i with fresh gas in may- I assume shut off is open as I did not close it- where do I find it?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: only if simple
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it ran fine in May and has just been sitting
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 6 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok
Expert:  JON replied 6 months ago.

give it a blast of fluid and see if it starts briefly. If so, the carb needs to be cleaned as it is not pulling its own fuel. Fuel shut off would be inline with fuel line if it has one. Also, does your machine have a fuel pump? If so, you will want to unhook the fuel line from it to the carb and make sure it is pumping fuel. If not, replace fuel pump. Your machine may or may not have a fuel pump, but just in case it does...

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
way beyond my abilities
Expert:  JON replied 6 months ago.

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. I would check for fuel shut off and fuel pump first. If you are not comfortable with removing the carb, I would take to shop as they can be tricky at times.

Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this.