Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a 8026d dm80-2415 with a daihatsu dm950d 3cyl

Customer Question

i have a 8026d dm80-2415 with a daihatsu dm950d 3cyl model582447 type o232-e2 i runs about 1/2 hr and dies if you got a good bat it will start again but only runs for 5min and turns over a long time to start
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

This is the three cylinder gas engine? Is the battery charging system working? When engine will not start, is the fuel shutoff solenoid in the carburetor opening as soon as the key is turn on?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
3cyl diesel charging good being a diesel puts me at a disavange
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Where is the engine kill? I looked at the injection pump, but it does not show . I assume the engine kills with the key, so it has an electric solenoid that opens and closes the fuel supply to the cylinders. It will be on the injection pump, or just to the left f the injection pump. Wire harness to it, and should click open and close if you turn key on and off. As for the battery charging, just check battery voltage before start, and again after engine is running, voltage has to increase at least one volt, if alternator is charging.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

I see question is still open, did you find fuel solenoid to be working?