JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

Snapper rear engine RE110 s/nIt cranks but as soon as I

Customer Question

Snapper rear engine RE110 s/n(###) ###-####It cranks but as soon as I engage blade or let out on clutch the engine will stop unless I push the clutch back in or don't fully engage blade them engine will continue to run any help would be very helpful mower is two years old with less than six hours on it since new no mower repair shop here wants to touch it or help with my problem
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Make is snapper model RE110 and S/n (###) ###-####two years old purchased new has about five to seven hours on it
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I'll have to no repair shop wants to touch it says it's a hunk of junk
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That's it
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

This sounds like you have a seat safety switch that is not recognizing that you are in the seat. It is shutting the engine down when you either try to engage the mower deck or release the clutch pedal. I would check to make certain that the seat switch is making contact and if you have to you can unplug the wiring that goes to that switch and bypass it to see if it will continue to run then.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Already by passed the seat switch and now it still shuts down if I engage blades or try to get it to move forward

What color is the seat switch(grey or black)?

If grey you can bypass by adding a jumper wire, if black you just unplug it and do not add a jumper.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry your not helping I've elected to replace the switch up front on steering column I've been able to get blades spinning without stalling the engine there fore I feel it's a bad switch no further help requested

Thank you for your time it has been a pleasure to assist you. I am sorry that you feel that I am not helping you but we have to run through common troubleshooting in order to solve the issue. Based on the information that you provided I still believe that you have a seat safety switch issue. Some of those seat switches are normally open and some normally closed which can be identified by the color of the seat switch. Hence my color question and suggestion on no jumper on black switch.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No help too expensive as well

I am sorry that you feel that way, I do not make the prices you determine that when you choose the urgency of your question and what you are willing to pay for an answer.