Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 250 Bruin ATV. I had a short near the Starter

Customer Question

I have a 250 Bruin ATV. I had a short near the Starter solenoid and fuse box. I lost all power. I replaced the battery and the starter solenoidand fuse assembly and spark plug. I now have the bike turning over but no spark. What else could be wrong
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: 1CDI?, 2 is there another Fuse box? 3 is the a coil? Consistently no spark
JA: What is the model/year of your motorcycle?
Customer: 250 Bruin Yamaha 4 wheel Quad
JA: What year is your motorcycle?
Customer: 2009
JA: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: So far
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Engine has a CDI box and an ignition coil, so it also has to have a pickup coil at the flywheel. I don't see the pickup coil listed in the parts list! But locate it and use a volt/ohm meter to test if it has any output when cranking, it will have a very low voltage output. If it does, it is likley ok. Have you checked your kill switches? Key switch and emergency cut off? Either will kill the spark.Last would be to locate the CDi and remove the kill wire from the cdi and check for spark with it unplugged. If still no spark, I would replace the coil as it is the cheaper of the parts.

I see question is still open, did you find problem?