Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a 2014 Kohler Courage XT-7 on my Husqvarna lawnmower.

Customer Question

I have a 2014 Kohler Courage XT-7 on my Husqvarna lawnmower. The engine starts fine cold but when I run it for about 5 minutes the engines starts to sputter then quits. I hit it with some starting fluid and it fired right up, ran for about another 5 minutes, and then quit again. After letting it sit a few minutes and another shot of starting fluid, it started up and ran fine while I finished the rest of my lawn. This is more of a nuisance than anything but I am baffled why it is doing this and it is a fairly new machine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Try draining the carburetor bowl, it may have a small amount of water in it, and is keeping the fuel level too low, as the gas floats on the water. What you describe is the engine starving for fuel.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

I se question is still open, did you try my response?