Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications

I replaced a kohler courage junk motor with a briggs 20ho

Customer Question

i replaced a kohler courage junk motor with a briggs 20ho kohler briggs 19.5 on my cub cadet will need to change wiring riute on 6 pin plug any diagrams anywhere as to wiring
JA: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?
Customer: no no electrician 6 yo mower
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: of course if i can find a diagram as to both units cub cadewt and briggs motor its not that difficult
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I should be able to help, can you give me the model numbers off both engines and the tractor?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
briggs mdl 33s877type 0018c1 kohler mdl sv600 0009 2045 cub cadet model 13ax11ch056 621 079 kohler 20hp briggs 19
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
wires need to be changed to charge and start and stop (or do they?
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. For whatever reason the original tech opted out and didn't tell you . I'm going to try to help you

Give me a few minutes as I pull wiring diagrams

Ok. Have you downloaded and looked at the alternator replacment guide , you can download it here

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
your saying i need to replace the alternator on the briggs engine?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
No , that guide will help you identify what wires go to what . The alternator wires will go up and under the flywheel , can you see what color they are
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
a yellow and a black coming out of alt blk ground yellow into (regulator?) the coming out red

Ok I'm going to get your wiring color code for the rider

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
wheres my wiring diagram or color code sequence i haven't heard from anyone

Hi i was going by the model number you gave me but couldn't find a wiring diagram , so I searched under lt 1045 and found one . These should be your wiring colors for the tractor

Hi did you get the cub cadet wiring schematic I sent
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i did still have to search for wires on machine too many wires i dont need to know u gave me a complete wiring diagram for an engineer not a backyard mechanic

Do you still need help with it ? , that diagram was the most complete one I found

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
disassembled kohler engine and found color scheme myself
Ok so you are up and running ? . Sorry the diagram I sent was the whole tractor wiring