Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I took the carburator off the FJ180V engine on an Exmark 21"

Customer Question

i took the carburator off the FJ180V engine on an Exmark 21" mower and I did not take a picture of the linkages. should i assume that the choke actuator is the rod separate from the rod and wire for throttle control?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?
Customer: it's 11 years old and i took it apart because the carb bowl gasket was leaking
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yeah i have the gaskets, just have to put the throttle and choke controls in properly and i'm not sure where everything goes
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: what then?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no, that's all i need. i can just experiment 'til i get it right, but i'd rather get it right the first time
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I need to know which leads go onto which controls on the carburator. There is a hard wire and a narrower hooked wire that seem to go together, and I assume they hook onto the same thing on the carburator next to the engine. On the other side of the carburator is the choke actuator, which i assume is controlled by that second lead
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer.

The rod with the wire is the govenor rod and the wire puts tension on it , the choke is separate

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/kawasaki-fj180vbs19-stroke-engine-parts-c-30157_30211_31358.html