Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines

I have a Troy Built 5000 watt generator (Model 030343) with

Customer Question

I have a Troy Built 5000 watt generator (Model 030343) with a B&S engine that will not start. I have replaced the spark plug and drained the gas tank and filled with clean fuel. I have been able to start the engine very briefly after squirting carb cleaner into the carburetor but the engine quits. The battery is dead but I have started manually in the past. The generator has not been used in 4-5 years and has limited hours of use on it.
What do you suggest to get it running again? Thank you.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 month ago.

After five years of not being in use, your carburetor is very likely at fault. You will either need to give your carburetor a really good cleaning, or replace it. We can continue from here.