Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My Ryobi weedeater won't start, the plug is dry so it is not

Customer Question

My Ryobi weedeater won't start, the plug is dry so it is not getting fuel. It is inly about 9 months old. Thanks, Jim
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Full tank of fresh fuel and oil, not familiar with a shut off valve, where is it and what does it look like.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I would like to, I work on 2-stroke motorcycle engines.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I know of.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 9 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 9 months ago.

If it is not getting fuel then the carb diaphragms need to be replaced as it is not pumping its own fuel to cylinder. YOu can normally buy these carbs for under $30 from local shop as the kits are around $15-$20 and the time to rebuild