JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech

My Kubota t1560 dyes when I try to engage the blades???

Customer Question

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

Majority of the time when the blades are engaged and the engine dies, the seat safety switch is the culprit as the machine thinks no one is in the seat so it kills engine. I would replace this and if it still has the issue, we can troubleshoot other things, but this is #1

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No the blades are not engaged. Blades are off and I'm pushing the lever down to engage them and the engine dyes during the process of trying to engage the blades
Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

I would say the seat safety switch needs to be replaced then.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've done a continuity test on that switch and it checks out as good. If that switch was bad wouldn't the engine if I tired to put mower in forward or reverse. The engine runs fine and mower can be driven tge blades just can't be engaged
Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

Yes you are correct. If you can drive machine around, seat switch should be fine. I would then start checking the PTO switch and the safety switch for the PTO next