Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 2000 Dutchman class C I bought two years ago. The

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Dutchman class C I bought two years ago. The only serious problem has been the generator. Sometimes it does not start at all. Sometimes it starts and runs several minutes and dies, and will not restart. Sometimes it DOES restart. Sometimes as it is running it surges and "hunts" eventually dying, or sometimes, settling down.
Two Onan generator shops have looked at it. One cleaned the carb. The other had it start for them right away and just sent me on my way. Neither "fix' helped in the slightest. The intermittent nature of the problem is frustrating.
Over the last year I have been adding sea foam to my fuel, and over the winter it was started monthly and run an hour under load. At those times it ran ok (go figure!)
Right now, it is not starting at all.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What is the full model number of the genset?