Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a turf tiger with a 27 hp koehler command pro. It has

Customer Question

I have a scag turf tiger with a 27 hp koehler command pro. It has had the carb and coil packs replace fuel filter and spark plugs It doesn't seem to have a oil pressure sensor that I can find anyway. It will start run for only a second or two then died
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Someone told me it was probably the crank was burned up. Can that be true since it cranks up
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Once machine dies, will it start right back up or do you have to wait a time period?

Does this engine have a fuel pump on it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The engine will crank right back up and die again I really don't know if it has a fuel pump it seems like it would seems to have plenty of fuel going to carb
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

how were coil gapped ? What were they set at? If it is dying but will start right back up. it is either losing fuel or spark. if you can have someone spray fuel into carb as it is running and see if it runs longer than normal to eliminate no fuel being the issue

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will be able to try that tomorrow can I text you back them
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What should the gap on the coils be
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

YES TOMORROW WILL BE FINE. USE A BUSINESS CARD TO GAP THE COIL. PLACE CARD BETWEEN THE COIL AND THE MAGNET, AND LET MAGNET PULL COIL TO FLYWHEEL. GAP SHOULD BE 0.010 OR ABOUT A BUSINESS CARD THICKNESS.